Close

Thread: 6wt Switch

1. Default 6wt Switch

I am just finishing a build on your 10' 8" 6wt switch blank. My question is on what line you would recommend for it. I plan on using this rod for throwing tube flies for the most part; will indi fish when conditions call for it. That being said, would you go with a conventional weight forward fly line or fish a Skagit line? What would you recommend for both line types?

Dan

Default IF1086-4 line

Dan,
    The line would depend on if you plan to cast overhand (1-handed) or spey type (2-handed). It also depends on how deep you want to get. I happen to have the Scandi or Skagit heads with running lines attached for $50 eachplus $7 shipping. These lines were designed and built for the IF1086-4 by Steve Godshall from Speyworks in Medford Oregon. He also designs and builds lines for Bob Meiser and Gary Anderson of Anderson Custom Rods. They work Great! To discuss more details, give me a call at 916-962-0616 or email me at LLLee@L3rods.com. Thanks!
    Larry Lee/L3Rods
    Larry Lee
    L3Rods
    916-962-0616

Definetly worth checking into Michigandan98, I just had steve build me a line for my rt 7wt switch.