Close

Default Alps MVT question

Hello. I am building on a NFC St 964-2. I will be using a carbon tube rear grip and was thinking of
    installing a bird cage hood in lieu of a foregrip. I have tried searches and couldn't come up with much.
    Anyone use these before? Thoughts? Installation tricks I should know about? This is my first attempt
    at an MVT Toray casting seat and I want to get it right. Thanks.

Robert ford

Not a fan for a steelhead / trout rod. Much prefer to have some sort of foregrip. However, hoods like this are easy to install. You just need to ensure that your sizing is good.

My foregrip dilemma is finding a tapered foregrip to match the carbon tube I am installing,but those seem to be nonexistent. So I need to find another option. I wish I could buy a handle rear and foregrip like the black widow handles from edge rods. But those aren't available. I really like the Carbon Shadow rear grip I just need to figure out a foregrip solution I can be happy with.

I have a Black Widow handle that I'll sell.

I also plan on having a CF tapered end cap for my Carbon Shadow grips soon...maybe by the end of next week.

Straight tube isn't bad. After you cap and put on a nice winding check, you'll never think about it again.

Regards,
    Eric

Hey Eric PM sent.