Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Went with steel f and y guides. Silver charcoal insert. 26,20,16,12,10,8 thru tip top. 13 guides plus tip. No eyelets on the butt section.

2. Default

I don't have that option. I use my phone

Nice job.

Here's an article that may interest you on the Forhan Locking Wrap which is great for single foot guides.

http://www.rodbuilding.org/library/forhan.html

Regards,
    Eric

4. Default

Thanks Eric. Wish I would've known about that before I was 3/4 of the way done wrapping lol. I guess if I ever have on come undone I'll fix it like that. Never had a guide break off before or pull out. And I'm sure I'm gonna baby this rod lol.

5. Default

Also I'm installing the alps balance system butt cap on the rod and not really sure how to attach it. We where thinking about epoxying it straight to the cork. Have any recommendations?

Not sure what the end of the rod looks like where you are trying to install this but you normally put an arbor on it and glue it in place.

7. Default

Ya that's the plan. Just flat cork with a hole where the blank went through we did a test fit after I finished all my wraps. Balances with the reel just forward of center on the fore grip. Feels really good. Will apply first coat of epoxy tmw. Second coat monday

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

How are things progressing?