Close

Default Guide & Spacing Recommendation for ETEF909-4?

Hello!

Seeking the guide and spacing recommendations for the Rainshadow Eternity 9-ft, 9-wt 4-piece blank.

And while I'm here... is it me, or is this Guide Spacing forum, in general, a bear to navigate??

Thanks!!

JQ

Hello JQ and welcome to the forum.

I don't have the blueprint readily available but would imagine that it would be almost the same as for the 10wt discussed here with the exception of perhaps smaller guides towards the butt.

http://guidespacing.com/showthread.p...-Guide-Spacing

With regards to the navigation...please feel free to PM me with your experiences and I'll try to make your user experience better but it seems fine to me? We're due for a forum software upgrade soon so perhaps that will smooth things out.

Regards,
    Eric

Thanks Eric!

I'm sure the navigation is just me getting used to how things are laid-out here. For example, when you buy blanks from a dealer and come here to seek guide sizes, you better know the version of the graphite -- RX7, RX8, etc -- to find your rod/blank (why no RX9 yet?). Being directed from the Rainshadow website, you naturally search for the branding you just experienced (Rainshadow, Eternity, etc), but that's not how the forum is laid-out.

Question for you -- I see the spacing and guide sizes you listed exactly match the specs for the RX8 9010-4 (which also match the RX8 909-4) -- can you confirm that there are no recommended changes between the RX8 and RX9 generations?

Thanks again!

JQ

The "blueprints" that are given out are to assist in getting people close. They are not meant to be the "be all end all" build, that is up to you, your testing, and the performance you are looking for. We always recommend that you do static testing.

Not only is rod building a science but it is also an art. There are several ways to build a blank especially with the multitude of rod building accessories offered. Just browsing thru the Batson catalog gives me several ideas about just one blank; split grips, carbon grips, style of reel seat, type of guides, etc.

Afterall, isn't that what make rodbuilding so fun and addicting?

Regards,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Redzwulf View Post
    The "blueprints" that are given out are to assist in getting people close.
    Sounds awesome!

But it'd be great to have the actual starting point based on the "36 months in the design and testing phase." I'm certainly no expert, and would appreciate the guidance of the actual experts.

Doesn't sound like too much to ask to me... but maybe I am in the wrong place after all.

Here's a blueprint that, I think, details more of what you are looking for? But as I said, these are a starting point and it's up to you and your preferences to take it from here. We'll help you as much as we can but please be aware that it's nigh on impossible to give a one solution that encompasses all the variations that can be done.

With regards to your comment about blanks and naming...the Eternity line is one of the flagships of the Rainshadow line. Consider it the RX9. It encompasses all the manufacturing advancements that have been made in the past few years and is lighter, stronger, and faster than the previous models; RX8, RX7, etc. You have one of the top of the line RS blanks and we have received tons of favorable comments about these blanks.

While I have not had the pleasure of building an Eternity yet, I look forward to adding one right after I get done building a switch fly rod for saltwater silvers.

Name:  ETEF909-4.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  57.4 KB

Thank you!