Close

Default NFC guide spacing

Good morning,
    Are there any guide spacing spec sheets for NFC rods.
    Thanks

Let me know what rod(s) that you are building and I will try and get you some spacing recommendations.

Regards
    Eric

Hi Eric
    I will be building on Float 1363-3 (HM).
    Thanks for your help

CamSi,

Unfortunately I was unable to locate any blueprints for that blank. Are you familiar with how to static load test the rod to get your guide placement correct?

Regards,
    Eric

I've looked all over and have not found much info for any of the rods. Still searching myself.

I'm starting with generic spacing and will tweak

What about an MB 709-1 casting? I saw the guide specs on the website, but I was wondering if you had any other info such as tip diameter, reel seat diameter, etc. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Tip diameters are also on their website.

As far as reel seats, you want to pick one that fits your reel, fits your hand, and is appropriately sized for the blank. Normally, you will have a reel seat that needs arbors to fit the blank. You should be able to get the reel seat IDs from the mfgs website.

Have you determined what grips you are using and their placement?

Regards,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Redzwulf View Post
    Tip diameters are also on their website.

As far as reel seats, you want to pick one that fits your reel, fits your hand, and is appropriately sized for the blank. Normally, you will have a reel seat that needs arbors to fit the blank. You should be able to get the reel seat IDs from the mfgs website.

Have you determined what grips you are using and their placement?

Regards,
    Eric
    Im looking at an ALPs MVT toray trigger. The grip will most likely be go a 9 carbontex grip, but I might be looking to go for a little longer. Going to check out the rods I have so far and se what feels best. So for placement, it would have to be at least 9-10 inches about the butt.