Close

Default Guide Sapcing Needed for IMMF1107-4GBY

Hi,
    Need spacing and guide sizes for this switch rod.
    Thanks,
    Dave

DDamon,

Give this a try...it should get you pretty close and then you can do your static testing to get the optimum spacing. The blueprint for this blank has not been finalized yet and these guides and spacing are preliminary results and may not be what gets published.

Is this your first switch build? How do you like the blank so far? I've been neglecting my overhead casting in preference for double hauling my switch.

Regards,
    Eric

Guide order from the tip top
    Guide
    Guide Placement - In inches from the tip top
    1st
    XTCHSNGP3
    4"
    2nd
    XTCHSNGP3
    9.375"
    3rd
    XTCHSNGP3
    15.5"
    4th
    XTCHSNGP3
    5th
    XTCHSNGP4
    31"
    6th
    XTCHSNGP4
    40.5"
    7th
    XTCHSNGP5
    51.25"
    8th
    XTCHSNGP5
    9th
    TIMXNZG12
    78"
    10th
    TIMXNZG16
    94.25"

Thanks Eric. I haven't started on this blank yet. Putting together my parts list. No this is not my first rodeo. I have built two on Bob Meiser Blanks. Thought i would give Batson a try. Going to build this one for Pyramid lake here in Nevada, I have built several 8.5 and 9ft flyrods on Batson Blanks and I have been very pleased. My first impression is that it's a beautiful blank, nice and light. First one that's been a burgandy. All the other blanks have been black, green, or slate( not all being Batson). So I'm being kind of finicky with color for reelseat, guides, thread. It's going to be an DH overhead rod. Going to use a 9wt Rio Outbound 6-7ips sinker w/ Rio ConnectCore running line. Pretty much the standard out there.
    Dave