Close

Thread: Alps/avet issue

Default Alps/avet issue

Greetings,

I recently purchased an AVET MXL Raptor reel to install on my new Calstar 700ML Grafighter rod which I equipped with an ALPS "Tri" (triangle) reel seat, in size 22.
    I cannot get the reel mounted to the reel seat using both hoods, as the clamp posts on the reel are too narrow to attach both front and rear hoods. (see pics)
    I can get either one in, but not both.
    Has anyone experienced this issue, or is there a known fix for the problem?
    I was able to use just the rear foot and hood, along with the rod clamp, similar to a "deckhand" style rod, but this moves the reel back about 2 inches from where it was designed to go.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Name:  ALPS 1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  82.0 KBName:  ALPS SEAT.jpg
Size:  82.2 KBName:  PIC 3.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  76.5 KB

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dashoe View Post
    Greetings,

I recently purchased an AVET MXL Raptor reel to install on my new Calstar 700ML Grafighter rod which I equipped with an ALPS "Tri" (triangle) reel seat, in size 22.
    I cannot get the reel mounted to the reel seat using both hoods, as the clamp posts on the reel are too narrow to attach both front and rear hoods. (see pics)
    I can get either one in, but not both.
    Has anyone experienced this issue, or is there a known fix for the problem?
    I was able to use just the rear foot and hood, along with the rod clamp, similar to a "deckhand" style rod, but this moves the reel back about 2 inches from where it was designed to go.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Name:  ALPS 1.jpg
Size:  82.0 KBName:  ALPS SEAT.jpg
Size:  82.2 KBName:  PIC 3.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  76.5 KB
    Update....
    Just talked to Avet.
    This is a common issue with this combination of reel and reel seat, and can only be resolved by milling down the 2 rod clamp posts, and just using the hoods to attach the reel.
    Sounds like a lot of work to me.
    Batson, you should indicate your "tri" reel seats size 22 and larger, will not work with an Avet SX, JX, or MX reel!
    One new Calstar 700ML spiral-wrapped rod heading to fleabay.