Close

Thread: split reel seat

Default split reel seat

I just received two of the new split reel seats one spinning and one casting. The slot in the hoods seem to be to small and will only cover a very short part of the reel foot.
    Has this been a problem or am I missing something. Other than that I like the seats but the hoods are just to small.Anyone else find this to be a problem?
    Thanks Ricky
    Got it never mind
    Last edited by ricky; 11-22-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Hi Ricky,
    How did the rod turn out? Are you loving the new seats now?
    Karry Batson

Batson Enterprises Inc

Ph: (877) 875-2381

Fax: (360) 683-3579

karry@batsonenterprises.com

www.batsonenterprises.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshadow View Post
    Hi Ricky,
    How did the rod turn out? Are you loving the new seats now?
    It got put on a back burner. Now waiting on no foregrip checks (used one I hade on last build) I do like them better than what I have been using. I will try to post a picture of what I have so far.
    Ricky

Checking in on you Ricky! Did you see that we introduced new hood design to the split cast/spin seat? Check out our new websites: www.rainshadowrodblanks.com and www.alpsforecast.com

Those look good. Any thoughts on a spin seat with a smaller i.d.
    Thanks Ricky

Did you check out our new website? Did you find a Smaller ID available for what your application?

I have a revs54ul to build and the butt of this blank is smaller than the smallest seat. Have you or anyone you know of shimmed these to fit.
    This is more of a curiousity question it will most likely get a tennesse handle.
    Thanks Ricky
    I do like the two I have done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    I have a revs54ul to build and the butt of this blank is smaller than the smallest seat. Have you or anyone you know of shimmed these to fit.
    This is more of a curiousity question it will most likely get a tennesse handle.
    Thanks Ricky
    I do like the two I have done so far.
    This is the build that I did and fishes very well

REVS54UL-SB
    Rainshadow Revelation Spin Rods
    UL Trout and Panfish

Component Part Number Part Description
    Rod Blank Model # REVS54UL-SB 5' 4" 1 pc Rainshadow Revelation Spin Ultra Light 2-6lb
    Rear Split Grip: HESGFB1.5EVACC-350 Grip Split Fighting Butt High End EVA/Cork Comp 1.5" Long ID .350"
    Rear Split Grip Trim Ring: AWCCO315-S Aluminum Winding Check w/cut out . 315 I.D. -Silver
    Front Split Grip Trim Ring: AWCCO305-S Aluminum Winding Check w/cut out .305 I.D. - Silver
    Front Spilt Grip: HEFGE16-1 HE FG 0.875" length 0.188" bore black EVA (60%) w/CC
    Reel Seat: BPSTGV216-S 5.5 inches up from Butt BPSTGV216 and GT16C-SN-G pipe seat Silver Threads down.
    Reel Seat Shim: SHIM/16/SPIN .590" OD 3.70" Length
    Fore Grip: HEFGE16-1 HE FG 0.875" length 0.188" bore black EVA (60%) w/CC
    Winding Check: AWCCO275-S Aluminum Winding Check w/cut out .315- I.D. -Silver
    Hookeeper: XDSHKSS-S SS316 Drop Shot Hook Keeper Stainless Steel-Polished
    Tip Top: XBPPLT04R04.5 SS316-RRD 'P' Top 04 'H' ring 4.5 tube - DBC/Black-ALPS
    Guides (see below for size and quantity) XPBMKLG Alps Guide Mini SS316 'H' ring RRD-DBC
    Guides (see below for size and quantity) XBYTLG16 Alps SS316- Sgl Ft Y Frame 'H' THIN Rg 16- Black

Guide order from the tip top Guide Guide Placement - In inches from the tip top
    1st XPBMKLG04 3.25"
    2nd XPBMKLG04 6.625"
    3rd XPBMKLG04 10.125"
    4th XPBMKLG04 13.75"
    5th XPBMKLG04 17.75"
    6th XPBMKLG04 21.875"
    7th XPBMKLG05 26"
    8th XBYTLG06 30.675"
    9th XBYTLG16 36"

If you would like to try and arbor the smallest split seat Im sure you would have no issues if you makes sure to fill the rear pocket with plenty of glue . I', sure there will be some glue to clean up though.
    Karry Batson

Batson Enterprises Inc

Ph: (877) 875-2381

Fax: (360) 683-3579

karry@batsonenterprises.com

www.batsonenterprises.com

Thanks Karry