Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default guide spacing specs

Where are the rest of the guide spacing specs that used to be posted on the website? All I can get to now are the ones in the forum. The link on the webpage only leads the forum where I cannot find specs on all of the rods.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
    Where are the rest of the guide spacing specs that used to be posted on the website? All I can get to now are the ones in the forum. The link on the webpage only leads the forum where I cannot find specs on all of the rods.
    I have placed them here for you as they have been superceded by the specs here on the forum but for those who still use them here are the links

GuideSpacing Chart 1

Guidespacing Chart 2

Guidespacing Chart 3

Guidespacing Chart 4

Default guide spacing specs

Thanks. I like the new ones but I dont seem to be able to find all of the specs on all of the rods. Thanks for posting the old links.

4. Default

No problem glad i could help out

Default Piptay: Old Charts

Thank goodness you still have the old charts available, I registered specifically to check some spacing out and what do you know they are GONE!!!!!! I was mortified. I almost JUMPED

I could not believe it. Now instead of just looking down a page to find your blank you got to hunt and peck. What a Pain. Please make the old carts permantely available. PLease Please Please........I hate to beg.

Thanks Much,
    Walter Galen
    Walnut, Calif.

i don't use charts. the only chart i use is the one each rod blank, handle length and reel i plan on using for the build lets me know where the guides should go..

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Thank goodness you still have the old charts available, I registered specifically to check some spacing out and what do you know they are GONE!!!!!! I was mortified. I almost JUMPED

I could not believe it. Now instead of just looking down a page to find your blank you got to hunt and peck. What a Pain. Please make the old carts permantely available. PLease Please Please........I hate to beg.

Thanks Much,
    Walter Galen
    Walnut, Calif.

Ill make a thread with the title being the charts and make sure its a sticky thread and it will stay at the top of the page

Quote Originally Posted by ghostfish slayer View Post
    i don't use charts. the only chart i use is the one each rod blank, handle length and reel i plan on using for the build lets me know where the guides should go..

The recipes listed will help the ones who do not require the spacing to at least know what seats will fit.

ghostfish slayer If you have some spacing’s that will help please list them! Include the handle length and reel you used to obtain the spacing for that rod. This is what the new sight is all about sharing, none of the listings are perfect for each and every application only a good starting point to help grow this industry

Karry Batson
    Batson Enterprises Inc
    Ph: (877) 875-2381
    Fax: (360) 683-3579
    karry@batsonenterprises.com
    www.batsonenterprises.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Thanks Much,
    Walter Galen
    Walnut, Calif.
    Shoot me an email I would be happy to email you the files so you can save them for future use. This is work in progress and hoepfuuly each and every blank model will be listed by the end of the year.

Karry Batson
    Batson Enterprises Inc
    Ph: (877) 875-2381
    Fax: (360) 683-3579
    karry@batsonenterprises.com
    www.batsonenterprises.com

the guides tables are a good thing. i remember searching for guide location tables when i first started building.. it would have been nice to find these.. there are so many of them.. ok.. here it goes.. i use my spin of the new guide concept, static guide placement and load distribution test.. for a light/medium spinning rod i first spine the rod and if it is straight i use it. if not i go off the straightest axis that is pretty close to it.. it usually changes a little after the rod is finished anyway and i don't know how much it really matters to use it or not but it's just a habit for me as part of doing it.. next i install the handle to the length myself or another person wants it.. rear grip choice, length, reel seat choice, location and fore grip of choice.. usually all Batson unless someone is stuck on the others and no matter how hard i try it doesn't change their minds.. then after that is all cured up i chuck it up in my rod lathe.. next i install the reel which is going to be used on the rod sitting on top like those upside down reeling folks you see and snicker at.. then i remove the spool, tie a piece of line to the spool shaft and locate the first 3 guides to the intersect point.. kind of the same as using the table edge or a yard stick to follow the up sweep of the reel/spool shaft.. comes out pretty much the same but uses one less step for me. i just eyeball it with the line and shaft on my table so i don't have to move it around as much.. ceiling fans and door ways can be a problem.. double, triple check and adjust them so the line touches the top of each of the first 3 or 4 guides.. being a plumber i pull and use string lines all the time so it's a natural... then i go from the tip top back to the intersect guide with usually all single foot #6 fl guides. sometimes i have to sneak a #7 or #8 in.. i tie the guides on with rubber bands so i can adjust them. then i put the rod in my rod holder, tie a piece of line from the tip top to something stationary and put a load on the rod. then i put the spool back on the reel and run the line through the guides and adjust the fl guides to where the line pretty much follows the natural curve of the rod under load.. then i wrap, pack burnish,final adjustment guides and finish. i leave the butt cap off until after the finish is cured so it doesn't dent from my chuck or drying motor.. for a casting rod i pretty much do the same thing except i skip locating the intercept guide and just install the guides where i think they should go with my eyes and rubber bands. then load test with the line from the tip top and adjust them so the line coming off the reel doesn't touch the blank anywhere..